Jump to Navigation

Newburgh Family Visa Lawyer

If you are a U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident (LPR) and you need assistance to bring a family member or fiancé(e) to this country, contact my law firm for assistance. I am attorney Osa Igunbor, and I offer experienced representation in a wide range of family immigration matters, including family visas.

I have helped many families come together in the United States, including people from Mexico, Honduras, Guatemala, India, Pakistan, many African countries and the U.K.

K-1 Fiancé(e) Visas: Orange County Attorney

K-1 fiancé(e) visas allow U.S. citizens to bring a foreign citizen whom they plan to marry to the U.S. As your attorney, I will help you prepare the K-1 fiancé(e) visa petition. The process typically takes six to 12 months, and there are certain criteria to be aware of:

  • The U.S. resident must have visited his or her foreign fiancé(e) at least once before filing the petition.
  • The U.S. resident must plan to marry the foreign person within 90 days of arrival.
  • The U.S. resident will need to show documented communication with the foreign person.
  • There are no guarantees for obtaining a K-1 fiancé(e) visa.

The U.S. government will investigate your relationship with your fiancé(e). It is important to document all communications, including all email, text messages and money transfers. By providing extensive evidence of an existing relationship, you can greatly increase the likelihood of the petition being approved.

I-130 Visa: Petition For Alien Relative

An I-130 petition is another way for a U.S. citizen or LPR to bring foreign relatives to the United States, including spouses, siblings, parents and children. The I-130 petition is only the first step in obtaining a visa for the foreign family member. After the petition is approved, a visa number must become available.

There are other paths to bringing a family member to the U.S. It is important to contact a knowledgeable lawyer to understand the options and make the most effective decisions for your unique situation.

Call For A Consultation Today

To learn more about my services and to discuss your legal needs with an experienced Newburgh family visa attorney, call my New York law firm at 845-337-5011 or email me to arrange a consultation.

Do You Have A Case?

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Office Locations

Law Office of Osa Igunbor

695 Dutchess Tpke, Suite 201
Poughkeepsie, NY 12603
Phone: 845-337-5011
Toll free: 800-826-2801
Fax: 845-345-9167
Map and Directions

Newburgh Office

Law Office of Osa Igunbor
320 Robinson Ave
Newburgh, NY 12550

Phone: 845-337-5011
Toll free: 800-826-2801
Fax: 845-345-9167
Newburgh Law Office Map

Payment Plans Accepted

Visa | Master Card | American Express | Discover
American Immigration Lawyers Association